Terms & Conditions
- Returns & Cancellations
- All Rights Reserved
- - Our team at Porta-Charge work hard to ensure that prices quoted and technical specification information is correct; however we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies at any time. Please note that your computer may display old pages from our site which are stored in your own computer's memory from previous visits - it is important you refresh your browser when viewing any pages on our web site to see the current prices and goods available. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
- - We realise that the Internet is based on trust so we take security very seriously. Your credit card details are sent to our payment service provider 'Sage Pay' over an SSL encrypted connection. You will notice that when you get to the screen where you are prompted for your card details, there is a padlock symbol in the bottom right-hand corner (in Internet Explorer 7 the padlock appears to the right of the web address). This signifies the SSL encrypted connection. Your card is then debited by 'Elavon'.
- No contract for the sale of any goods will subsist between you and Porta-Charge unless and until Porta-Charge accepts your order by charging in either full or part, your credit or debit card, against payment for goods ordered. Porta-Charge will send an e-mail (in instances where you have provided an e-mail address for correspondence) confirming dispatch of the goods you have ordered and/or issue you with a unique order reference which may be advised via e-mail or telephone as applicable.
- - We shall endeavour to deliver your goods within the time specified, in accordance with the Distance Selling Act 2000, but we cannot be held liable for any loss caused to you for late delivery.
- If there is a delay in dispatching your order, you will be notified accordingly and you may cancel your order for a full refund. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You are responsible for your order once the package arrives at the supplied delivery address. We cannot be held responsible if the package goes missing once delivered.
- We cannot be held responsible for goods that do not arrive with you due to errors made by you when entering your address details. Please ensure that you check all your details before confirming your order.
- Deliveries are usually made by Royal Mail. We are unable to give instructions to the delivery staff with regards to leaving items elsewhere such as with neighbours, or in sheds. We regret that we cannot comply with any such instructions entered on your order form.
- - All pictures on our website are the best indication we can give of the original item and are for illustration purposes only. From time to time the manufacturer may make small changes to the design of a product. Due to this, the item/items you receive may have small differences to the picture displayed on the website. The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors.
- All goods are subject to stock availability at the time of ordering. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure that all items shown are in stock we offer no guarantee of availability and this electronic publication does not constitute an offer for sale.
- Please note that using accessories or other goods with your equipment that are not produced by the original manufacturer of that equipment may affect your warranty. We cannot be held responsible for any affects on your warranty from using these accessories or goods.
- Most goods available from us are supplied with a 12-month warranty.
- Delivery charges are automatically added to your order and are listed separately from the goods total when you reach the secure payment section.
- We accept Visa Delta, Visa, Maestro/Switch, MasterCard, Solo and Visa Electron cards. Should we be unable to supply the item you have ordered, we will notify you as soon as we can and you can cancel your order for a full refund or substitute item(s).
- - Porta-Charge.co.uk uses "cookies" to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to enhance your user experience. No financial or personal information is stored on these cookies.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, if you choose to decline cookies, you will be unable to place orders on the Porta-Charge.co.uk web site.
- - Porta-Charge conform to the requirements of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
- All customer information given during the ordering process is collected and stored lawfully and in accordance with the relevant data protection acts. We do not use any information given for marketing purposes without your consent. If you are concerned about the confidentiality of any information given, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you place an order with us we will need your name, e-mail address and billing address. We will also need your credit card number and expiry date to process and fulfil that order. We also take your telephone number so that we can contact you in the event of any problems with your order.
- We will not share any of the personal information listed above with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete your order.
- We do not send random marketing e-mails to personal e-mail addresses (spam). However, when you enter your personal information we will ask you if you would like to subscribe to our newsletter. If you would, please keep the box ticked when registering and we will place your details on our e-mail list. If you subsequently change your mind about receiving such e-mails, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove you from our mailing list.
Returns and Cancellations
- - You have the right to cancel your order before dispatch by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your order reference number. We will refund you the cost of the unwanted item(s) within 14 working days.
- If you have already received your goods and you decide that you do not want them, we ask that you return them to us so that they are received back by us within 14 days of the delivery of your order. You are responsible for the cost of returning any unwanted goods to us.
- Unwanted goods must be returned to us unused/unopened and packed in secure packaging in as new condition (including all packaging) and must be taken care of whilst in your possession. We ask that any goods that are in sealed packaging and are clearly visible without the need to open the packaging remain unopened. If any of these conditions are not met, you will be charged to cover the loss in value to the goods.
- Delivery charges are non-refundable if you decide to return the goods (this does not apply to faulty goods or any goods received incorrectly)
- Any unwanted goods being returned to us must be properly packed and addressed, with adequate postage and sent with a reputable carrier. We recommend sending goods back using recorded/registered delivery with insurance from Royal Mail.
- Please note it is our policy to refund by way of the original purchase method of payment within 14 working days of receipt.
- Unwanted goods must be sent along with your name, order number and reason for return to the following address:
8 Carment Drive
- If your goods arrive faulty or damaged, or a fault becomes apparent in the first 28 days after delivery, we will either provide a full refund or dispatch new goods after the faulty goods have been returned to us and tested. We provide a free returns service for faulty goods. Please contact us before you return any goods you believe are faulty, as some problems can be rectified without the need to return the product. All goods returned as faulty will be fully tested by our returns department to confirm that they are faulty.
- - You agree to indemnify us against any claims, losses, liabilities, damages and expenses (including legal fees), arising out of your use of this site. Any injury, damage or loss arising directly from our negligence or any of our agents will be limited to a refund of the value of the goods purchased, together with any delivery charges paid.
- No Contract shall confer any benefit to any third party within the meaning of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Porta-Charge reserves the right to amend any or all of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. None of the above Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights but to the extent permissible by law all implied terms, whether by statute or otherwise, are excluded.
- We strive to keep costs to a minimum to ensure that we can offer our customers keen prices and excellent services. To do this prompt payment is important. If your payment is not received you will be contacted. We will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to the agreed credit terms. If the delay is caused by a problem of our own making please contact us and we will resolve it quickly.
- - All Web site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this Web site are copyright Porta-Charge and its affiliates or their content and technology providers..
All rights reserved
- -Any use of materials on this Web site - including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or re-publication - without the prior written permission of Porta-Charge is strictly prohibited.
- - Porta-Charge and porta-charge.co.uk are trademarks of Porta-Charge. Other product and company names mentioned on this Web site may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED AT LAW, PORTA-CHARGE IS PROVIDING THIS WEB SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, PORTA-CHARGE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEB SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
- - In these Terms & Conditions:-
"Porta-Charge" means, Porta-Charge and any other connected organisation that supplies the goods ordered by you and any successor to its business;
"We and Us" means Porta-Charge either alone or together with you, as the context requires;
"Working day" means every day of the year except weekends, and English statutory and public holidays;
"You" means the person ordering goods subject to these Terms and Conditions;
These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.